[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Welcome to the Dwight UMC! We’d love for you to engage with us as we learn more about God’s love for each one of us, and as we grow together in our journey of faith.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
1) How Do I Get Involved?
- We invite you to worship with us every Sunday. When you can’t make it in person, join us through our live online streaming.
- Find a group to join. We offer many different Bible Studies throughout the week and on Sunday mornings. Ask around or explore this website, and we’re sure you’ll find one that fits.
- Look for a way to use your talents or interests. If you like kids, you could try helping with children’s Sunday School or with Youth Group. You could also join the worship team or choir.
- Maybe you just really love helping people, so you could try going on a mission trip or helping with Love Boxes. Look through the Help pages (under Adults) for all kinds of ideas. And if you think of something you’d like to do that we don’t already do, just say so! Chances are you won’t be the only one.
- Don’t forget to have fun! Keep your eye out for group activities, and don’t be afraid to hang out with church friends outside of church.
- Like our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter to stay in touch.
2) Learn About Your Faith
- When you come to worship every Sunday, not only will you learn during the sermon, you’ll be surprised how much you learn from the songs, prayers, and general church stuff.
- Bible Studies and Sunday School classes are great places to develop your faith. Not only do you read parts of the Bible, but you also discuss what you read with other people. That’s two ways to learn about your faith right there!
- Reading the Bible by yourself is always good, too, so don’t forget about that! Even if it’s just a couple of verses a day, some Bible is better than no Bible. Hint: If you don’t have your own Bible, please let us know. We’d love to give you one!
- Ask questions. Sometimes, people think that church is where you’re supposed to sit down and just listen. Well, listening is good and all, but asking questions is better! Call the church office. Stop the Pastor in the hall. Ask the church member down the road.
3) Become a Member
- We welcome you to join our fellowship of committed followers of Jesus and become members of Dwight United Methodist Church. Rev. Arnold offers “Coffee with the Pastor” membership events from time to time, so that potential new members can learn more about the denomination, and specifically the ministries of Dwight UMC. If you’re interested in learning more, just get in touch with Rev. Mary.