Help with Kid/Youth Programs
Help With Kids
If you’re great with kids, then we definitely have a use for you! Currently, we offer Sunday School for all kids each Sunday at 9:15 am, Kids Klub, and R.E.A.L. Kids each Wednesday after school, and Vacation Bible School (VBS) for one week every summer. All three of these programs can always use more adults to chaperone and help corral everyone or to prepare snacks, games, etc. Talk to Rev. Mike or the church office to help with Sunday School or VBS. Contact Joyce Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to help with Kids Klub or R.E.A.L. Kids.
Help With Youth
Our youth program (R.E.A.L. and Ignite) is for kids in 7th – 12th grade and requires lots of support from adult church members. R.E.A.L. and Ignite both meet Wednesdays from 7:00 to 8:30 pm. R.E.A.L. and Ignite also regularly take students on weekend trips and hosts fun events. If you’re passionate about seeing today’s youth become tomorrow’s church, then we have several ways you can assist. Contact the church office or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
- Provide snacks. Face: Kids love food, and we’d appreciate it if you’d volunteer to bake cookies or buy some chips and pop some time.
- Organize games. R.E.A.L. and Ignite almost always ends with some sort of wacky game or activity. If you’re a little goofy and creative, youth games are probably right up your alley.
- Provide spiritual insight. When it comes right down to it. R.E.A.L. and Ignite are about connecting students to Jesus. We can always use adults who are great at getting the kids thinking and drawing them into discussion.
- Watch the kids. Safety is very important, so we always need adults who are simply willing to be present just to make sure nobody gets hurt.
- Drivers. When we take trips, we almost always need a few extra drivers. If you’re at least 25, you might just be able to help.
- Chaperones. Trips outside the church usually require more adults than Wednesday nights, so if Wednesdays aren’t good, you can always look to chaperone a Saturday afternoon trip or whatever else might come up.